Did you lost your important file(s)? Perhaps you mistakenly delete the file and now you want it back. There might even be some occasions where you were sanitizing your computer and unknowingly you deleted that file. To show your seriousness, you even go to the recycle bin folder to delete the file from there…
But now, you want the file back because you can’t just do without it. “What will I do, How would I see the file again?” becomes the question of the day. You can’t just stop imagining you shouldn’t have delete the file. You have nothing to worry about because you can still recover that precious file of yours. And in this tutorial, am gonna show you how, but let me briefly reveal a secret to you.
When you delete a file from any where on you hard drive, either unknowingly or intentionally , whichever way you delete the file. Listen, though the file is deleted and will not be available for you again (at least for that period), the storage location of that file will still be present on your hard drive until it is overwritten by another file.
So, if you delete a file from your hard drive, even though it cannot be found in the recycle bin again, you can still recover the file provided that the storage location of the file has no been overwritten by another file. If you wish to recover a permanently deleted file at its best, then do it when you are yet to add many new files to your computer…
How to recover permanently deleted files.
Our discussion today is gonna be on how to recover such deleted file. To say, do a search on Google.com and you will notice that there are a lot of File Recovery Program. But, of all, I prefer to use Recuva a product of PiriForm to the remaining program.
- Download Recuva and install it on your computer system. Launch the program and give it the required permission. Next the first window that appear to you.
- In the Recuva Wizard window, select the type of file you want to recover i.e picture, video, music, e.t.c. and click on Next. The next window will let you select the location where you’ve deleted the file. If you know the specific location, then you can choose it from the listed of options. Otherwise, leave the selection as it is.
- Finally, first do the scanning without marking the deep scan box. If you can’t find your file by doing that, then mark the deep scan button. However, depending on how large your hard drive is, the deep scan take some hours to complete the scanning – however, you get the best result after successful scanning.
- After the scanning is completed, all the files you’ve deleted on you hard drive will be listed. Careful search the file you wish to recover and mark its box. Then click on recover on the right bottom corner of the window.
- Select the location to recover your file to and voila! Your file is back.
Ps: If the storage location of the file has been overwritten, you would not be able to recover you file again. You will notice this if the color of the button under the State tab of the recovery window is red.
Over to you!
I have explain how to recover your deleted files through Recuva. Was this post helpful to you? Of all the recovery application, which one is your favorite? And were you able to recover your file through this tutorial? Let’s have your view. Kindly use the comment box to express yourself. Don’t be Shy!
Don’t be in hurry, Kindly share this post with your friends using the share button and recommend it on Google Plus too.