In the previous week, we discussed on how to install .Net Framework 3.5 on your system in offline mode. I believed you were able to install yours. Incase you missed the post, see the below link. Maybe you don’t have an access to an installation media and therefore cannot install the platform offline, that shouldn’t be a problem because you can also install it online.
I know, some of us, it is either somebody help us to install the operating system or our computer did not come with an installation disc. However, that should be a barrier for you not install your awesome apps that requires this feature.
The only alternative you got is to download and install the features online either by visiting Microsoft download page or through the control panel.
The above link will re direct you to our previous post where we discussed on how to install the .Net framework in offline mode.
As I have said earlier on, that there are two ways you can use to install .NET Framework online – from Control Panel and Microsoft download page. Now we are going to be discussing each method below.
How to Install from Control Panel.
To install the .NET Framework online from Control Panel;
- Open your control panel (for quick access, press the windows logo key and X, then select Control panel from the list). Click on the Programs tab.
- After clicking the Program tab, you will see another tab named Program Features with links listed under it. From those links, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
- A new window with some listed functions will be opened. Some are marked while some are not. Those functions that are marked are activated already otherwise inactivated.
- The first list is the .NET Framework 3.5. If its box is marked, then its activated already. Otherwise, mark the box. Make sure you are already connected to the internet.
- In the following window, click on Download and Install this feature. Then wait for the download to complete. The download min/hr. depends on your internet connection. Therefore, a strong internet connection is recommended for faster download speed.
- The Framework will now be downloaded and installed automatically on your computer.
To install from Microsoft download page
To install the framework from Microsoft download page;
- Launch Internet Explorer browser from the taskbar. Then click on this link Microsoft .NET framework 3.5 or http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21
- Choose the appropriate language and click on the download button.
- In the next window, click on “No, Thanks and Continue”. If you wish, you can click yes. That choice is left for you to make.
- After downloading the .NET framework setup file, run as administrator and follow the wizard’s instruction.
Now you should be able to get over the stubborn feature that is not allowing that your awesome apps to get on your system.
Was this post helpful? Let’s hear your thoughts through the comments. You don’t wanna be selfish right, then let’s be social. Share this post with your friends,…and….enemies? Ha Ha! that’s up to you.