Internet downloading manager acronym IDM is known for its speed in downloading files. This download manager have a lot of features integrated in it to perform its function for users satisfaction.
Must Read: Internet Download Manager - Free Download.
One of the features is its ability to divide the download connection to several channel which makes it achieve its goal of speed in downloading files. Now I want to let you know how to make use of this segment downloading feature of IDM to even experience a faster download.
Initially, when you launch your IDM, there are 16 channels of connection but only 8 of the channels are in use by default setting. So, how do you activate the remaining 8, knowing that activating these channels increase the speed of your download?
Don’t worry, that is what this post is meant for. Now follow the below steps;
- Open your IDM and go to the task bar (Screenshots are there to guide you.)
- In the drop down menu, click on option. A dialog box will open to you, under the Tabs click on Connection. See screenshot below
- In the connection type/speed, choose LAN 10mbs, the box next to it is the speed box, type 10,000,000.
- Below the speed box is another box which is the connection number, change it 16.
- Click on Ok and restart your IDM. Your are done to experience the amazing download speed of IDM.
Over to You
With the above simple steps, you can increase the download speed of your Internet Download Manager. Which other download managers do you prefer? Why do you prefer IDM to other download manager? Kindly use the comment box below to share your thoughts. Remember that your comments are highly appreciated.
Was this post helpful to your? Kindly sacrifice 5seconds of your time to share this post to your friends. It might also be helpful to them.
Subscribe to us with your email to receive our updates straight to your inbox. We are on social media sites too, follow us and get the latest updates.